Friday, October 14, 2011

My OWN Classroom

After graduating in June 2010, I was ready for my own classroom. But with the job market as it is, that didn't happen. I subbed for all grades from September until February and was then hired as a 4th grade teacher, covering for a teacher who just had a baby. Yes my own class- but not really. This summer I taught summer school and had my own class, but still I didn't get my OWN classroom and the freedom to decorate and make it how I want. I was then hired as a 6th grade teacher, job sharing and teaching the afternoons- but still it wasn't my own class and classroom. Well I was then hired by the most fantastic school that takes me 5 minutes to walk to and am teaching full time 2nd grade in my OWN classroom, decorated by me. I know David is sure glad to have all those organizers, books, and teaching supplies I have collected out of the garage. Here is it!



The entrance into my classroom.

My desk area and onw of my favorite art projects we have done so far.








1 comment: