Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Decision

I think we have made our decision! I obviously could not stop thinking about Deepwood Estates and compared all the other venues to it. So David called and we are written down for Sunday July 31st, 2011. Almost all the Saturdays were booked already and we were hoping to be as close to our anniversary as possible, which is August 1st- so we will be getting married one day before our seven year anniversary. Plus, it was 600 dollars cheaper to rent it on a Sunday! So be ready to party on Sunday night, get Monday off work, or just suffer through for one day :)

However, I am thinking a lot about the Settlemier house as well. You can see the pictures on the previous blog. This place is almost 1000 dollars cheaper than Deepwood Estates, but the ceremony and reception would take place in the same area- making an awkward transition. And we would be responsible for all taking down of chairs, tables, everything. And there is only street-parking, but it seemed to be plenty. hmmm suggestions and thoughts are appreciated- we have to Monday to sign our contract with Deepwood... yikes!

3 comments:

  1. Jens! I am so glad you start a blog so that I can see what you are up to since we don't live close by each other! Hmm.. I really like Deepwood, but the Settlemeier house looks nice too! I think you just need to do which one you like best. You are saving $600 by doing it on Sunday at Deepwood, so that is good! I guess you just have to decide if the $1000 you would save by having it at the Settlemeier house is worth it to move venues, since we would be responsible for take down and the transition.. And I know you really like Deepwood because you talked about it so much on Saturday after seeing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, I am sticking with Deepwood. David talked me back into it and I got excited :D He said, I just want you to be happy and not hate our wedding like Elizabeth does haha

    I got to figure out this picture posting thing too because it took me forever to get the pictures in the right order

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good advice Dave!! Yeah the picture posting is weird, basically you upload them backwards, so the first one you upload will actually be the last one on your post and the last one will be the first on your post. It is confusing.

    ReplyDelete