Sunday, July 11, 2010

Our Saturday...

We had a rather hot but fun summer Saturday. I found these great things at local garage sales in the morning:
This awesome organizer for my future classroom, which was only $10.00!!!
Some more children's books, which I have been collecting. These were all only 25 cents each. I also bought a set of three black shelves for our bedroom.
We caulked the window trim on all the new windows put in so far and filled in the nail holes so we can prime them on Monday, went out to lunch to Red Robin...
and I made the same cake my parents had at their wedding 11 years ago for their anniversary. It was an almond torte with a vanilla bean custard filling and whipped cream frosting, it turned out better than I was expecting as you can see by how much is left (I'm not much of a baker).
I like this picture, my mom is happy and Matt is eyeing the food, as usual. All in all, it was a pretty medium day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment